The Bandit® is an innovative concept in board construction. For years, quality bristle boards have had a wire spider (16 SWG maximum) attached with staples. No matter how well made, the spider and the staples eliminated playing space and created bounce-outs.
Bandit technology from DMI has solved this problem. Instead of a wire spider stapled onto the face of the board, 'The Bandit' has thin, knifeedge steel bands embedded in the bristles of all divisions, leaving almost nothing to deflect the dart.
- Divider bands, technically called 'knife bands', are interlocking stainless steel dividers thinner than 500 microns.
- No staples! Because there is nothing to attach, there is no need for staples. Normal bristle boards use as many as 65 staples, contributing to bounce-outs.
- Increased playing surface. By eliminating the spider and the staples, there is a significant increase of 10% in the scoring areas compared with conventional boards.
- Bounce-outs virtually eliminated! Extensive testing has proven that bounce-outs are virtually eliminated. Bounce-outs now will be mostly deflections from darts already embedded in the board.
- Better mounting system We have increased stability over traditional mounting systems and made it easier to hang and rotate the board.
- Yes, the number ring is still wire, so it can be rotated periodically. And DMI's number ring has been specially powder-coated white to increase visibilty and reduce light reflection.
OFFICIAL DARTBOARD OF THE WORLD CUP TOURNAMENT AND WORLD DART FEDERATION APPROVED.
Board Dimensions: 18" x 1 1/2"
*This item is not eligible for free or discounted shipping offers.
- Reviewed By: Jamie Mar 19, 2016
- Thin wires, tight bristles, great contrast. Use 3 boards for league play. Hold up well. Only complaint from teams are darts bouncing/falling out. Tight bristles push out or don't let darts with smooth tips stick. Solution rough up dart tips. Sharpness along won't do.
- Reviewed By: Pat Mar 3, 2016
- Had a problem with darts falling out of old board due to wires. Got this board and the wiring is great. Problem is small pieces of the board itself near the bull fall off. Took pics and was sent a new board under warranty but it has the same problem.
- Reviewed By: Steve Feb 18, 2016
- So far I'm very happy. I haven't used it a lot but I have noticed fewer bounce outs, I'm sure the razor wire helps. Nice compact bristles with a very smooth finish, money well spent! I use 24 gram darts with no problems at all. Great board in my opinion.
- Reviewed By: Robert Feb 15, 2016
- Great product & great service.
- Reviewed By: Ron Sep 23, 2015
- I throw 22 gr tungsten well sharpened darts and am getting too many fall outs/bounce outs
- Reviewed By: Jim Sep 17, 2015
- The best board I've found to minimize bounce-outs. I've tried them all! In addition, the bristle is compact and smooth when the dart enters. This is the one!
- Reviewed By: Glenn Sep 15, 2015
- Awesome dartboard. Been using it for a week and no bounce outs!Great quality. Bought this one for the office, going to get another one for home.
- Reviewed By: TL Jul 6, 2015
- DMI makes probably the best board available, only issue is if you have a light throw force or you are using light weight darts you can get darts which will fall out after a few seconds striking the board. Otherwise.....price is very good for one of the best quality boards available.
- Reviewed By: kerry Jun 4, 2015
- A dart board that eliminates bounce-outs